|Bases for integration of animal rights in a globalised society Comparative analysis of animals, law and society||15 ECTS||Obligatory|
|Application of law and state legislation Design and management of a model of professional application of animal rights||10 ECTS||Obligatory|
|Animals in the Positive Law. Challenges and Solutions||15 ECTS||Obligatory|
|New models of integration of the right to animal welfare in the global society||10 ECTS||Obligatory|
|Master's dissertation||10 ECTS||Obligatory|
- To have and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or application of ideas.
That students are able to apply the acquired knowledge, along with their capacity to solve problems, in new environments or little known within broader contexts (or multidisciplinary) related to their area of study.
That students are capable of integrating knowledge and dealing with the complexity of formulating judgments using information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked with the application of their knowledge and judgments.
That students know how to communicate their conclusions with supporting knowledge and finalised reasons to both specialised and non-specialised audiences, in a clear and unambiguous manner.
That students are able to learn in a way that should be, overall, self-motivated or autonomous.
- To understand the study of animals from a globalised legal and social perspective.
Obtain a thorough, comprehensive and integrated understanding of the law around animals and its application.
Transform the study of the legal protection of animals into an instrument of professionalisation and of service to society, with the knowledge, abilities and experience necessary for being able to make a direct and positive impact through this branch of law.
Understand the possibilities and limitations of the application of animal law in a technological context.
Offer theoretical and practical instruments necessary for an efficient program of animal welfare.
- Design and manage projects to protect, reinforce and develop animal law.
Lead the work of communities, bodies, teams and departments that work or are interest in improving animal welfare.
Develop a capacity for analysis and critique to establish one’s own views, directed toward the exercising of a profession focused on animal welfare and of transferring acquired knowledge.
- Stimulate dynamic understanding of multilevel concepts and notions
- Organise and categorise sources of legal and social information
- The ability to teach oneself, as well as work in a team
Capacity to integrate theoretical information from different fields of knowledge in a practical project
- Develop legal reasoning in an applied context
- Integrate knowledge and experience in a social, globalised context